Touch2Learn Education Centre
Touch. Explore. Understand. Motivate.
Montessori Playgroup in Hong Kong
We’re one of the best Montessori learning centres for young children in Hong Kong. We provide a warm, organized and encouraging environment with meticulously designed materials and Montessori-trained guides where they can experience a high degree of independence which builds confidence and self-motivation in them.
For our children, we are here:
- To ignite their desire to learn
- To enliven their learning process and inspire many moments of fulfillment and triumph
- To create value and make a difference.
Our vision serves as the framework by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- Priority: Always keeping our children our priority and reason for this enterprise to be
- People: Be a great place to work where people wake up every morning looking forward to come in
- Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
A mandarin speaking playgroup with bilingual advantages
To give your child that extra ‘umph!’ that lasts throughout their long learning career, Touch2Learn’s mission is to keep fueling their passion to learn while many others may have lost it already a long time ago due to overwhelming lesson schedules. A place like our English Montessori centre in Hong Kong can help fuel this passion due to its relaxed, encouraging and fun style of educating. Whether or not your child is attending a highly-sought-after school, this balance is crucial.
An English playgroup for all your needs
Having stellar grades may give an academic advantage on their resume, but ultimately whether they succeed in life have much more to do with how much they love learning, character, their social skills, EQ and resilience. So, at Touch2Learn, our classes encompass more than just academic strength. Our goal is to provide the necessary environment to facilitate an all-round growth and pave the way for children to succeed in life.
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in our organization
Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
Integrity: Be genuine
Team: The needs of the team come before my own
Accountability: Let’s see what part I can play in this
Passion: Committed in heart and mind
How Montessori can Benefit Your Child
The Montessori approach was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori (1870–1952), which was developed through decades of dedicated observation of children’s natural growth patterns, behavior and learning tendencies through scientific means. From these, she meticulously designed educational materials to cater to all the necessary developmental needs for children from birth until 12 years of age; with each chronological material demonstrating a single concept but developing several skills and attributes appropriate for the given stage of development. These materials were designed and placed chronologically and neatly to attract the children to work with them in order to satisfy their inner needs to learn. As a result, your child is given freedom within limits, to independently choose what they need to satisfy their learning desires, all the while acquiring a strong academic foundation and training in grace and courtesy.
About Dr. Maria Montessori
The Montessori approach was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori (1870–1952), which was developed when she had the opportunity to work with children with disabilities. Using tools borrowed from other educators such as Itard and Seguin, and her own scientific methods, she helped them blossom to the point where they not only equaled their peers in standardized tests, but some even outperformed ‘normal’ students! Realizing that she had stumbled upon something amazing, she decided to dedicate the rest of her life to developing a way of educating children by means of consistent observations and hypothesizing new ways to approach issues, and then further improving on them.
Dr. Montessori’s decades of observations led to some of these conclusions:
- Children love meaningful work — they derive satisfaction and confidence from their work.
- Children from ages 0–6 have an absorbent mind that soaks up ALL stimuli in its environment, without discrimination.
- Children go through ‘Sensitive Periods’, which are different periods of time during which they may be particularly sensitive to, or interested in a certain area, such as language, development of motor skills, or refinement of the senses, etc.
- In order for children to want to learn, the environment in which they learn must be carefully prepared in the way that the materials are orderly; placed in a logical sequence, attractive, sized and weighing in proportion to their own physique.
- The materials should present a control of error, so that the child can check his own answers, or be aware that he’s made a mistake without someone having to tell him. This saves the child’s dignity, and when he is able to solve the problem by himself, his pride and confidence shoot up!
- The environment should provide choices for the child to increase his independence. This freedom also gives him the feeling that he is being trusted, so that he may take himself seriously.
- Based on these observations and principles,Touch2Learn is set up so that your child can acquire language or mathematical skills in the most conducive environment possible outside of school.