Touch2Learn Education Centre
Touch. Explore. Understand. Motivate.
Montessori Playgroup in Hong Kong
For our children, we are here:
- To ignite their desire to learn
- To enliven their learning process
- To inspire many moments of fulfilment and triumph
- To create value and make a difference.
Our vision serves as the framework for our playgroup in Hong Kong. It describes what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- Priority: Always keeping our children the first priority and the reason for this enterprise to be
- People: Be a great place to work where people can wake up every morning and look forward to coming in
- Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference through building and supporting sustainable communities
A Mandarin Speaking Playgroup with Bilingual Advantages
An English Playgroup in Hong Kong for All Your Needs
Stellar grades may provide an academic advantage on a resume, but ultimately, whether or not a child will succeed in life has much more to do with just how much they love learning. Here, character building, social skills, EQ and resilience are equally important.
So, at Touch2Learn, our classes encompass more than just academic strength. Our goal is to provide the necessary environment to facilitate all-round growth and pave the way for children to succeed in life.
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in our organization
Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
Integrity: Be genuine
Team: The needs of the team come first
Accountability: To see what part we can play in every instance
Passion: Committed in heart and mind
How Montessori Can Benefit Your Child
The Montessori approach was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori (1870–1952), which was developed through decades of dedicated observation of children’s natural growth patterns, behavior and learning tendencies through scientific means.
From these, she meticulously designed educational materials to cater to all the necessary developmental needs of children from birth until 12 years of age; with each chronological material demonstrating a single concept but developing several skills and attributes appropriate for the given stage of development. These materials were designed and precisely placed chronologically to attract the children to work with them in order to satisfy their inner needs to learn.
As a result of having established this type of flexible English playgroup in Hong Kong, your child is given freedom within limits to independently choose what they need to satisfy their learning desires, all the while acquiring a strong academic foundation and training with grace and courtesy.
About Dr. Maria Montessori
Dr. Maria Montessori (1870–1952) first developed the Montessori approach when she had the opportunity to work with children with disabilities. Using tools borrowed from other educators, such as Itard and Seguin, and her own scientific methods, she helped them blossom to the point where they not only equalled their peers in standardized tests, but some even outperformed students were who taught solely using traditional methods.
Realizing that she had stumbled upon something amazing, she decided to dedicate the rest of her life to developing a way of educating children by means of consistent observations and hypothesizing new ways to approach issues and then further improving on them.
Dr. Montessori’s decades of observations led to some of these conclusions:
- Children love meaningful work — they derive satisfaction and confidence from their work.
- Children from ages 0–6 have an absorbent mind that soaks up ALL stimuli in its environment without discrimination.
- Children go through ‘Sensitive Periods’, which are different periods of time during which they may be particularly sensitive to, or interested in a certain area, such as language, development of motor skills or refinement of the senses etc.
- The environment of that particular playgroup in Hong Kong (pls remove ‘of that particular playgroup in Hong Kong’ and try to slip it elsewhere, it’s too forced here), in which they learn, must be carefully prepared in a way that the materials are orderly; placed in a logical sequence, attractive, sized and weighed in proportion to their own physique.
- The materials should present a control of error, so that the child can check his/her own answers, or be made aware of making a mistake without someone having to tell them. This saves the child’s dignity, and when they are able to solve the problem by themselves, both their pride and confidence is set to skyrocket!
- Each Montessori playgroup should be the quintessential playgroup in providing children in Hong Kong the ability to make their own choices. They need to learn and increase their independence. This allows for a feeling of trust, so that they can learn how to take themselves seriously when making decisions – an essential skill, especially for later in life.
Touch2Learn English playgroup in Hong Kong is set up based on these very observations and principles, so that your child can acquire the essential language and mathematic skills in the most conducive environment possible outside of their school.